Monday, December 22, 2008

Claire + Peter :: Savannah, GA

Hey Everyone! Molly here!
Last month, we shot a gorgeous wedding at St. John the Baptist Cathedral in Savannah, Georgia.
Claire and Peter's wedding... ahh..where to begin. It was like watching a great old film all day. The only way to describe them is "timeless romance" from Claire's classic beauty to Peter's chivalrousness and wanting to make sure everything was perfect for his lady. We had never met Claire or Peter before their wedding rehearsal, and that always worries me...but they warmed right up to us. Their families did, too! I don't think they realized that we truly are their paparazzi for the day. Once again, I love the relationship of the families that were there. I don't think Claire's family had all been together in a couple of months, so everyone was emotional. And I have to give Claire props for planning a "destination" wedding 3 hours away from where she's in grad school and about 10 hours away from her family. Lord knows a man who can put up with a wedding planning woman is ready to marry her ;)... or at least that's what I figured out when I was wedding planning. Enough talk...more photos.




Claire and her mom having a "moment".






I swear that was the fastest updo I have ever seen. I blinked and it was up. I wish I had that kind of magical power.
I kept thinking, "Oh God, she hasn't even started on her hair! We aren't going to have time to get this girl photographed at all!" and then she was like "I'm done!"





And Peter got ready in 1.3 milliseconds. I didn't even have time to blink for that one.




I went back downstairs to see Claire's mom putting the finishing touches on her. At this point everyone got a little teary-eyed to see the *amost* finished product. It was one of those times that I was glad I had a camera to hide behind. I was choking back tears and thinking "but I don't even really know you people." That's how sweet it all was.


A close up of the locket and handkercheif. To the right : haha! Poor ring bearer.


Finally! On to the portraits.See what I mean about her classic beauty?
I think she looks a little like Molly Ringwald in the one on the right. And anyone who looks like someone named Molly has to be a hottie.


One more touching moment. haha! There were a few of them. This was right before the homeless man came and gave us all palm frond flowers. I felt bad that I didn't have any money, but at the same time I was like "k thanks, but we don't have time for all this!"


The boys were great about willingness to listen, and swiftness..some boys ARE NOT. We got their portraits done in under 10 minutes. Peter was already wired... mic'ed and ready to go.


The church was the most amazing place I have ever photographed. (sorry to all my other brides, but it was).
I almost became Catholic, but decided architecture was not a good basis for my decision.


The ceremony itself was gorgeous.


The flower girl and the ring bearer. He had this modelish fierceness that I loved. He was probably just hungry, but it was gold to me.


Claire and Peter then went on a horse-drawn carriage ride around the block *alone (with the exception of horse, driver)* as husband and wife for the first time!


The church meant business about locking the doors as soon as the couple was gone. Cristina had left her bag inside just for a minute, and you can see in the left picture they had already closed and locked the doors. She had to hunt for someone to open it..frantically.
I went ahead to the fabu reception, which was on the 15th floor of the Hilton desoto, overlooking Savannah on 3 sides. Below, you can see that part of the view was the church that we had just come from.


I...LOVE...details.


What era is this again? Love it.


First dance.


I think Cristina actually took the ring shots this time..It was on my card, so I edited it.


The toasts were sweet, emotional, and lovable between siblings.
Below, Peter's brother, Tim, made a special toast.



Then Claire's sister, Jeanne, made a sweet toast.


Below, Claire shares a moment dancing with her brother, while her parents danced the night away.

3 comments:

CJ said...

These are great! It's so emotional and sweet!

Anonymous said...

i'm going to pretend like i'm not stupidly jealous of this gorgeous savannah wedding and just compliment you like a normal person haha! these look so great. i particlarly love the shot of her dress (#10)! great work!

Anonymous said...

hahaha, i was pretty much thinking the same thing as amber... girls, these are just gorgeous, way too many faves to name. is that a videographer's light in the dance pic?