Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Kelly + Adrian, Part 2 ::Thomasville, GA Wedding Photographer::

If you haven't read Part 1 of Kelly and Adrian's day..do so now. Or else..



Ok then.. you ready? Let us continue with the hotness that is Kelly + Adrian...
Love the tree detail/lens flare combo that Cristina got!






Ok, are you ready for the Scottish portion of the blog post?
(From this point on, any caption must be read in a Scottish accent...aloud)
This picture just kind of made me chuckle. But it could be because it is very very late.


Both Kelly and Adrian's Moms wore tartan cloths draped over their shoulders to signify which clan they are from.
Tartan: a pattern consisting of criss-crossed horizontal and vertical bands in multiple colors.




The Ring-Bearer was ready!


Love the ring pillow! (I believe she said that was from etsy too!)
Oh, and check out the bling on that pillow!


The Beadle. He had a very important job.
(From Kelly's program) A Kilted Beadle leads the procession carrying the Bible into the presence of the congregation. Reminiscent of an old custom of the Church of Scotland, this tradition highlights the Bible as the Word of our Lord and the center of our faith.


Umm. These fellas are my new best friends. They provided me with (not only beautiful music) mosquito repellent. They are totally worth hiring. Kelly, are they for hire?!


And then it was time to get the show on the road...


The procession, led by the Beadle. Following, are the piper and the drummer.
(Swoons. Men in kilts. I think I'll get a kilt for my husband! We ARE of the Wallis/Wallace clan.)






I love this shot of mom checking to make sure her baby girl is smiling.


During this ceremony, both of the families stood at the front of the congregation and both families "gave away" their kiddos.





















After he kissed his bride, the tradition of the pinning of the tartan was executed.
The groom and his parents pin the Campbell tartan onto the bride, signifying her acceptance into the clan.


I love these two shots of the couple. SO them.




Reception details...











Yes they had icecream in a huge block of ICE!




Ice, Ice, baby...


Kelly and Adrian had one of the BEST bands I have ever seen at a wedding.
I don't even like country music and I wanted to dance.
The good ole' boys from the Michael Stacey Band were awesome! Click on their link to find out more about them.






Everyone liked to dance!


I think I know what he wants to be when he grows up!








As the evening went on, some people got a little sleepy...


While others just couldn't stop bustin' a move!



We eventually said goodnight, but I'm pretty sure the party didn't end when we left...
even though we are super cool and all.



All in all, it was an awesome wedding. I want to thank Kelly for really putting some great themes and family traditions into your wedding, and really making it personal. I want to thank Adrian for not complaining..not once. Even though it was hot. You deserve another frosty.

Said in my best Scottish accent (which really sounds more like Russian)..Also, I painted my face white and blue just to write this blog :
"It's all for nothing if you don't have freedom."

(sorry..it's the only scottish thing i could think of..)

2 comments:

KellyC said...

I LOVE it! Molly your commentary is phenomenal! Not to toot my own horn, but I made the ring bearer pillow. :) Thank you again, girls for wonderfully capturing my perfect day!

jennifer Wilson said...

amazing girls! love them all!