Monday, July 21, 2008

The Blog Where All The Animals Got Together And Conspired To Kill Us...

So, this is my last blog of the day...Cristina and I had a wonderful weekend of weddings, but an absolute worst travel weekend ever!!! It resulted with me in tears in the middle of nowhere with no phone reception. We headed up to Jasper, GA on Thursday for Maggie and Caleb's mountain wedding on Friday. Everything went beautifully until we left the reception at around 9:30 pm. We figured it would take us about 3 or 4 hours to get to our next destination, Lincolnton, GA for Shauna and Jasen's absolutely beautiful lake wedding on Saturday. We ended up getting into town at 3:00 am. Luckily, I have some awesomely fantastical friends that were letting us crash with them at their lake house, and they tried to guide our poor lost souls until we lost reception. You see, it all started when our directions told us to go down a non-existent road. Apparently, a bridge had been washed out and we were led on a detour that suddenly ended. I was fine with being lost, I was fine from being exhausted from shooting for over 10 hours, but when the deer started leaping at the car....I was not so fine. I think it took about 5 deer before we started counting them. We drove 40 miles an hour all the way there and almost hit a big black shadowy thing. That was the scariest, because we still have no clue what it was...it just jumped out at us...and it was BIG. I have heard these possibilities : bear, cow, horse, sasquatch. Anyway, at that point, I was no longer "ok". The tears came along with some inaudible "why me's"... Cristina, hid behind the map and pretended to know where we were. Poor Cristina had to put up with me. Anyway, 11 deer later, we were there. I had never been so happy to see my friends who waited up on me... Jessica, Kyle, Kim, and Pops. Also, I have to mention that Pops is an amazing host who cooks one heck of a breakfast! Eh, At least the weddings went well.

The total: 18 hours of driving (from thurs to sun), $170 in gas, the near miss of the following animals: 16 deer, 2 armadillos, 1 turkey, and sasquatch. Below is a map of where we went and a personal rendering of my accounts. And yes, those are tears. Needless to say, we are both glad to be home alive and my husband is buying me a Garmin!



No comments: